The University Department of Biotechnology, L.N. Mithila University was established in the year
1997. The teaching is being imparted in the University Department of Botany since its
It is an interdisciplinary course and students passing out from Botany, Zoology, Industrial Microbiology, Biotechnology and Chemistry can get themselves admitted.
The Department has a provision of intake of 32 students in each semester. Admission in 1st semester is taken on the basis of a written test followed by interview.
The Department has one permanent teacher on deputation and three competent contractual teachers engaged in teaching and research. The first Head of this Department Dr.Bhavnath Jha who is at present Head, Department of Environmental Biotechnology CSMCRI, Bhavnagar, Gujrat was awarded FNA in 2014.
Dr. Indra Nath Mishra, present Professor and Head has worked for his Ph.D. Degree with professor Sunil Saran, an internationally reputed grass geneticist. He had his basic training on Biotechnology from Jadavpur University, Jadavpur. Thereafter,he had his basic training of Molecular Biology under Professor G. M. Reddy, Hyderabad and Tissue culture under professor Mascerhans, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune.He has so far conducted two major Research projects and one minor Research Project.He has published six books so far. His 32 research paper were published in National and International Journals.
He acted as resource person in a number of academic staff colleges of Bihar, Jharkhand,M.P. and C.G. He also acted as Chairperson in several symposia and conferences. Miss Shikha Shirsh is a NET fellow in Environmental Sciences.
- A central instrumentation Facility
- Conference Hall
- LNMU Core Pop
- Internet facilities for staff and students
- Computer Lab
- Total number of class rooms
- Class rooms with ICT facility
- Students’ Laboratories
- Research laboratories
- Wash rooms
- Common room
- Facilities for Women
- Intesaful Haque, CSMRI, Bhavnagar, Gujrat
- Rishi Kumar, Biocon Ltd, bangalore
- Bhavana Kumari, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Ravi Kumar, NIIT, Jaipur
- Kundan Kumar, Alkem, Manipal
- Ashqani Kumar Roy, JNU, New Delhi
- Kaushal Kumar, JNU, New Delhi
- Rajiv Kumar, NIPGR, New Delhi
- Vijay Kumar Singh, CSMRI, Bhavnagar, Gujarat
- Abhinav, Mahavir Cancer Institute, Patna
Foreign Scientists Visited
- Prof. (Mrs.) M. Frankenberg, Schwager, Dept. of clinical Radiation Biology and Biophysics Gottingen University, FRG
- prof. Dr. Friederike Eckardt-Schupp-GSF Institute of Molecular Radiation Biology, Munich
- Prof. Fred Ahene GSF Institute of Molecular Radiation Biology, Munich.
Extramular Lectures Delivered By
- Prof. P. C. Keshvan (JNU)
- Professor I. S. Thakur (JNU)
- Professor Sunil Saran (New Delhi)
- Late Professor Umakant Sinha (P.U)
- Professor Ashok Kumar (B.H.U)
- Prof. B. R. Choudhary (B.H.U)
- Prof. B. N. Tiwari (Bilaspur)
- Prof. K. L Tiwari (Raipur)
- Prof. S. K. Yadav (Raipur)
- Prof. N. C. Sharma (Bhopal)
- Prof. S. K. Sahu (Sambalpur)
- Prof. Y. K. Bansal (Jabbalpur)
- Prof. K. K. Kaul (Gwalior)
- Training/classroom discussion
- Transparency in examination system
- Healthy Teacher-Student relationship
- Job oriented teaching
- Regular classes and Lab work with active participation of students.
- lack of wi-fi connectivity
- Poor maintainance of Laboratory due to financial crunch
- Lack of campus selection
- lack of permanent teachers and technical staffs
- lack of regular organization of seminar and symposiam
- Good job opportunities in industries
- Demand of trained professionals in reputed Research Lab
- Ever expanding world of Biotechnology as a job providing industry
- To encourage students for better performance in National level competitions like UGC-NET, CSIR-NET, GATE, etc
- To encourage the system for appointment of passout students as teachers in Universities of Bihar.
- To impress students to undertake research work
All the above stated facts are supported by documentary proofs maintained and properly kept in department.