CARNTL was proposed by Dr. Prem Mohan Mishra to develop a culture of research among students and teachers of Mithilanchal.
Nanotechnology is the study of applied science, engineering and technology, which helps students create technologically advanced devices of the varying nano-range in several fields. Many refer to it as the science of the miniature that ultimately leads to the creation of future technology. This is comparatively a new phenomenon across the world. India and other countries believe that this field has an ability to change the face of 21st century, making great contributions to a wide range of industrial applications as covered by science and technology.
India is making remarkable advancement in the field of education and science & technology like always are the areas of highlight. Today, the country is exploring some new dimensions in this field and it is called the nanotechnology. A few colleges in India have already started offering special nanotechnology courses for aspiring students. And as the demand for this course is on a constant rise, one can certainly expect to see the emergence of numerous top nanotechnology colleges in India in near future.
Keeping in view the paucity of such research centre in this region of India, L. N. Mithila University came forward to establish a high level research centre in the University Department of Chemistry.
I wish for its grand success.
Prof. Surendra Pratap Singh
The Centre may initially focus in the following thrust areas of research:
- Nanostructures, Carbon Nanotubes, Semiconducting Nanowires, quantum dots.
- Polymer Nanocomposites.
- Catalysis Nanoscience.
- Nanobiotechnology.(hybrid nano composites)
Nano Technology In India
- The “NanoScience and Technology Initiative” started with a funding of Rs. 60 crores .
- In 2007, the government launched a program "Nano Mission" with wider objectives and funding of USD 250 million.
- The Nano Mission has been extended till 2017 as Phase II.Since nanotechnology is an emerging technology and India has abundant workforce.