Name of Ex-Head
- B. N. Jha – Nov. 1976 to 1978
- Sri P. N. Roy – Feb. 1978 to 1979
- N. Sharma – Feb. 1979 to Jan. 2005
- K. K. L. Das – Feb. 2005 to June 2014
- M.M. Panday – Sept 2008 to March 2010
- T. Jha ‘Achal’ – April 2010 to June 2013
- V.Pd. Singh – July 2014 to March 2016
- D.Pd. Singh – March 2016 to August 2018
- J.N. Mishra – Sept. 2018 to 2019
Achievement of Faculty
Prof. Santosh Kumar Achievements
- Delivered key note Lecture organized by Dept. of Geography AND College. Shahpurpatori
- Valedictory Address at National Seminar organized by Dept. of Geography.G.D. College Begusarai.
- Superunised two research Scholars for Ph.D degree.
- Three research scholar present by under Ph.D Supervision.
Teachers Activity:-Dr. Anuranjan
ACHIEVEMENTS OF Dr. GAURAV SIKKA
- Course co-ordinator of Geography, Directorate of Distance Education , L.N.M.U Darbhanga.
- Co-ordinator, IQAC,K.S College (2015-17) lead the college to have NAAC accreditation in 2017.
- Member for preparation of Curriculum committee, B.A (CBCS) at Patna University Patna ( meeting held on 15th feb 2018).
- Member for preparation of Curriculum committee, M.A (CBSC) at Patna University Patna ( meeting held on 07th May 2018).
- Member for preparation of Curriculum committee, B.A (CBCS) at Patna University Patna ( meeting held on 27th May 2019).
- Research Guidance :- 1. Supervised eight research scholars, awarded with Ph.D degree.
2. Five research scholars pursuing their research work presently.
- Seminar / Conferences:-
. Organising secretary of UGC Sponsored National Seminar and 11th Conference of MAG, organized on 17-18 March 2018, by Univ. Dept. of Geography L.N.M.U
. Chaired a technical session of 6th International Conference of NAGI at Nalanda open University Patna, 18-20 Nov 2016.
. Chaired a technical session of National Seminar at A.N. College Patna, 28-29 May, 2017.
. Presented a paper at 39th IGU of NAGI at Osmania Universuty Hyderabad on 05-07 Dec. 2017
. Presented paper at 21st Annual Conference of AGBJ at Magadh University, Bodh Gaya, 12-13 Oct.2019.
. Presented paper at 41st IGU of NAGI at Dr. Hari Singh Gaur University, Sagar, M.P 28-30 Dec. 2019.
. Presented paper at International Seminar at L.N.M.U Darbhanga on 22-23 Feb 2020.
. NATIONAL CONFERENCE (VIRTUAL) L.N.M.U. DARBHANGA 13.02.2021.
Teachers’ Activities: Manu Raj Sharma
1. Nominated as Life time member of India Meteorological Society for contribution in research in climate sciencs.
2. Contribution as Course Coordinator Outreach Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space, Government of India.
3. Appointed as member of committee for the preparation of curriculum and course material of “Computer & Skill” for the student of PG under C.B.C.S. Skill Enhancement Course.
4. Appointed as member of “Research Promotion and Innovation Cell” to formulation plans of action to promoted research and innovation activities In L.N.M.University Darbhanga.
5. Member of assistant the Internal Quality and Assurance Cell (IQAC) for period 2019-2020.
6. Edited book Vision 2030 L.N.M.U. Darbhanga (Eds) Sharma, M.R, and Jai Gopal by Printwell Publishers on 2019.
7. Participated in NAAC Workshop on Training of Trainer, 10-11 January 2020.
8. Acted as Judge on Online National Level Essay Writing and poster Making Competition organized by Department of Geography, Government College for Girl, Rania (Sirsa) on World Population Day (11 July) 2020.
9. Participated in Online conference on “Geographical Perspective of water resources: Issues and Challenges” organized by Russian Geographical Society (RGS) and National Association of Geographers, India on 16 July 2020.
10. Participated in Three days National program on “Resilient Settlement 2030: Exploring the role of Spatial Planning” organized by National Institute Of Disaster Management and School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal from 8-10 September 2020.
11. Successfully completed online skill development program on “Thermally forced circulation II. Mountain/Valley Breezes” and “Flow interaction With Topography’ in October 2020 organized by COMET Met Ed Programs.
12. Published a paper titled Characterzing warming through Observed Changes in Temperature Extremes over Himachal Pradesh and Panjab. Indian Journal of Spatial Sciencs. 11 (1) 7-16. (ISSN-95542).
1. Elected as Secretary and Treasurer of International Geographical Union (IGU) Tast Force Young & Early Career Geographers (June 2017-August 2020 2nd term – july 2020-august 2020 ) https://igu.younggeograogrphers.org/steeringcommittee/
2. Elected (competitive) as executive committee member of gender and feminist geographies research group of Royal Geographical Society (united Kingdom) (September 2016- September 2019, re-elected till September 2022)
3. Received Full cover Grant (comptitive) from university of Manchesters as in excellent shchollar from the global south to present paper in development studies association annual conference , Manchesters , UNITED KINGDOM(27-29JUNE 2018)./
4. Research collaborator on cross –country international project: The impact of COVID19 on Mobility and travel behaviour in the world ; led by Norwegin University of science and technology ,Trondheim, Norway (May 2020 onwads).
5. Paper published in scopus index indexed international journal : “ Moving beyond economic analaysis: Assessing the socio-culture impacts of Displacement and Ressettlement by sardar sarovar project , INDIA” in geography, environment , sustainability, vol.13,N0.3 pp.90-101,2020 Russian Geographical Society, Online ISSN:2542-1565 https://doi.org./10.24057/2071-9388-2019-165.
6. Textbook: (C0-authored) perspectives in human geography, concept publication, New Delhi 2021 ISBN:9789388937832
7. Appointed as subject expert by Governor of Bihar Secreteriat, RajBhawan Patna for finalizing model syllabus (Post Graduated in Geography) under choice based credits sstem implemented on the state universities of Bihar regarding letter no.BSU(Regulation) -20/2018-1510/GS(I) Dated 5/6/2018.
8. Subject Expers, Development of self learning material of MA Geography, Uttarakhand Open University Haldwani August 2019 onwards.
9. Resource person, Development of self learning material of PG Diploma in Disasters management, NDMA & Odisha State Open University 2020 onwards.
10. Committee Member for the preparation of curriculum and course material of CBCS skill Enhancement course (PG 2nd semester) on Environmental law.
11. External experts to formulated Ordinance Regulation and syllabus of One year P.G. Diploma in Remote Sensing and GIS at Dept. of Geography Patna University.
12 Co-ordinator for a consultative workshop on, Nail Talim, Experimential Learning and work education in school and teacher education curriculum, funded by Mahatma Gandhi National Coucil of Rural Education (MGNCRE) and organized by L.N. MITHILA UNIVERSITY DARBHANGA 8feb 2019 .
13. Active member, organizing team of the NAAC awareness and Training workshop organized under the ageis of Raj Bhawan Patna by L.N.MITHILA UNIVERSITY DARBHANGA on 4-5 april 2019.
14. Joint organizing secretry at UGC sponsored national seminar on “Disasters management for sustainable Development” organized by L.N.M UNIVERSITY DARBHANGA BIHAR from 17-18 Mar 2018.